- Monday Night Dinner; BBQ for the 25th SeptemberTime once again for the ritual of burnt offerings. Yes Monday Night Dinner will be a BBQ on the 25th September. As always please bring a little to share, salads and sweets never go astray. If you are coming you can always register >> here <<.
- President Peter Laidlaw’s speech for the AGM 2023-24It has been said before that President Peters annual address at the Annual General Meeting is worth the price of admission. This was true this year as always as Peter drew whimsically from the worlds of fantasy, history and LBT accomplishments and from there dreamed a magical look to the future: LBT AGM – President’s … Read more
- AGM and Committee 2023-24The AGM and Committee 2023-24 for the LBT was held in the LBT Shed at 6.00 p.m. an Saturday last ( 16th. Sept 2023.) All positions on the Committee were declared vacant and the new committee was elected as follows: – It is noted that there are now twelve (12) members of the Committee as … Read more
- Grebes on Thursday?At the AGM on Saturday (16th Sept 2023) Steve Wilson has suggested that we consider having weekly afternoon sailing of the Grebes. – probably Thursday afternoons – starting mid to late October. if you are at all interested, please have a chat with Steve Wilson or any of the Committee members so we can gauge … Read more
- WE NEED YOUMore volunteers are required to help out with the maintenance of the St Ayles Skiffs. If you have any time you can give to work on the Skiffs, just a couple of hours a week or a month, on any day of the week. This will help to shorten the time the skiffs are out … Read more
- Monday Night Dinner by Tess and AdamWe don’t know what it will be but it will surely be wonderful. Let us know if you are coming here (please note we have used the Monday night booking form for the Saturday 16th Sept AGM – just this once please note in the comments that your booking is for Mon 18th ) 🙂
- Huon Yacht Club Open Day invite for the 7th October ’23
- Last minute reminder: The LBT AGM for 2023-24 is on Saturday 16th Sept @ 6pmIf you have forgotten then the post from back in 23 August 23 might be useful. All the docs and details are >> there! << Also the LBT will be covering the BBQ, but if you plan to bring nibbles, salads or sweets – please let us know when you book in here. See you … Read more
- Rope making at the LBTA couple of weeks ago Restoration Australia featured St Martin’s at Dunalley. As part of the job Barbara Frankel supervised the making a bell rope – on the LBT verandah. You can watch the action on ABC iView: it’s towards the end of this episode: series 5 episode seven.
- Reminder – AGM 16th September @ 6pmJust a reminder that the AGM is coming up – 16th September at the LBT Shed @ 6pm. A BBQ will follow – the LBT will provide the meat/vegetarian and it would be appreciated if attendees can bring salad and perhaps sweets !
- Office Tidy Up – free stuff!LBT Office tidy up – free stuff to give away The building to the south of the LBT shed is commonly referred to as the ‘Office’ although it hasn’t been used for that purpose for many years. Recently the Shed Futures sub-committee decided we should formalise its de facto function as a storage space. During … Read more
- Monday Dinner – Curry Pot Luck, 11 SeptemberMonday Dinner (11th September) will be a Pot Luck Curry night. Rice will be by Will and Tess (Puns will be free) Let us know if you plan to come and what you might bring. (so we can head off ten lamb currys) 🙂 >>click here <<
- Maria Island January Adventure (a modest proposal!)Tom writes: Hi, LBT Adventurers, As mentioned at recent LBT dinners I am looking to take Seaire for a 2 week summer outing up to Wineglass Bay in January 23 and am inviting any interested LBT members with larger boats to join the excursion. We have a few boats already keen to join. Leaving approx. … Read more
- Monday Night Dinner – Chicken Surprise (4th September)Monday nights dinner (4th September) will be a Chicken dish – a fine example of Mel and Ryans cooking. Desert will be brownies and cream. Vegetarians will be catered for. Please help the chef’s estimation by letting them know that you are coming and what your culinary preference is. >>Click here to go there<<
- Nancy cruisingOn a rare sunny day this week, Franklin locals Robin and Anne together with their interstate visitors, enjoyed a Nancy cruise with lunch included. The trip was a prize won at an LBT event and, thanks to Barb Sharp who did the catering, was such a success that the Committee and the Nancy group are … Read more
- What is AHBO?AHBO is the Association of Heritage Boat Organisations in Tasmania, an umbrella organisation to which the LBT belongs. It is good to be reminded that we in Franklin are only a small part of the community which shares our interests. Attached are the minutes of their recent AGM and General Meetings. You might want to … Read more
- Latest from the Australian Wooden Boat FestivalView the newsletter here. Some good articles: the future of wooden boat building in Tasmania, the Hope Beach Treasure, Balinese Outriggers, Pulling Boats and more.
- Historic Diving: Talk at the Maritime Museum Tuesday 5th SeptemberHistory of Tasmanian Helmet Diving with Simon Lessels Join us as we welcome commercial diver Simon Lessels to delve into the evolution of vintage helmet diving, spanning from the 1800s to the present day in Tasmanian waters and beyond. Listen to how these iconic diving helmets are made, and what they’re used for, and hear … Read more
- Monday the 28th August is BBQ NightThis Monday 28th August will be a BBQ, so bring along something to cook on the hotplate and perhaps a salad to share.
- Five Bells for DinnerThe Monday Night Dinner was well served (as were we) by Andys Pea and Ham soup followed by a tasty Lasange. Not to be outdone was Tess’s desert of apple pie and cream. The dinner was further enhanced by Michael Golding and family who in recognition of past involvement with the LBT donated their “Five … Read more
A list of all posts, including older ones, can be found here.
At the end of 2021 the LBT upgraded its website. News from the old site (2013-2021) can be found here.